Jan 30, 2010

A Millionaire's First Love (Korean - 2006)




Today, I decided to catch up on some of the movies, which I'd stored on my hard drive long back. I wanted to watch something light, like romantic comedy or something. So, I came across this Korean movie A Millionaire's First Love (2006). I didn't expect it to be so good and all, but I just thought I'd give it a watch. But, it turned out to be a pretty decent one, although I've seen some like this one before too (Love Phobia, again a 2006 Korean film). I specially liked the way the characters were treated, and the narrative of the film. I absolutely loved the female lead in the film (I am bad at remembering Korean names, so please pardon me for that). She was absolutely lovely and she carried her role with an equal ease. The male lead was also good, he carried off well, playing the rich spoiled brat, and his transformation to a more sensible one. The outline of the movie is basically this - the boy inherits his Grandpa's property after he'd turn 18, but there is one condition - that he'll have to complete his graduation (I forgot the name of the place, where he has to do it), without dropping out. This is the place where he meets this girl, who is actually his long lost childhood friend (whom he doesn't recognize), when he stayed with his parents. As time progresses, they come close and he falls for her, but he comes to know that she has a heart problem and won't be able to live for long. They try to do everything in this short period, for each other, which is the best part of the movie, the way they care for each other and all those little things which they share. Watch it if you don't mind light hearted romantic movies. I'd give it a 3/5.



1 comment: