Feb 15, 2010

January Track-list



Ok, this is how its gonna be - every month I'll release a list of the songs played most by me, during that particular time. I shall do it, by the end of that month, or max by the first week of next month. The playlist will include songs from everywhere, that I come across and get addicted to. I'm pretty late for this. But, I still want to keep a list of the best songs that I've heard in a particular month, and since, the year's just started, I wanna include a list for Jan too. Here, goes the Jan list (in no particular order):

1. Kesha - Tik Tok:
I started listening to this in December, but this was that perfect New Years' Eve song. This was the first single from her debut album Animal, which otherwise has not so good compositions.

2. Owl City - Fireflies, Vanilla Twilight and Hello Seattle(Remix):
Owl City is one artist that I got completely hooked onto after watching Fireflies video, and then discovering some other songs of his. Fireflies has everything perfect - lyrics, the syntho-pop music and the video. Vanilla Twilight is a beautiful composition - yearning for the one who isn't with you, and still putting it so beautifully in a happy way. Hello Seattle (remix) has nice beats, and catches pace as it progresses.

3. My Name is Khan - Tere Naina, Noor-e-Khuda:
The problem with MNIK soundtrack is that, most of the songs sound similar, in terms of music and even lyrics. But, Tere Naina and Noor-e-Khuda, still stand out, to certain extent. Tere Naina's is crooned by Shafqat Amanat Alis' vocals. Noor-e-Khuda is pleasant, again because of the trio of Shankar-Adnan-Shreya.

4. Striker - Cham Cham, Bombay Bombay:
This is one album, with which I'd no expectations at all, and never even knew about this film, but after seeing names like Amit Trivedi, Yuvan Shankar and Vishal Bhardwaj on the credits list, I was compelled to listen. Cham Cham has Sonu Niigaam at his best, after so many days, the lyrics are equally pleasing. Bombay bombay has a catchy tune, and the tapori one-liners about Bombay just make it more worth to listen to.

5. Karthik Calling Karthik - Hey Ya, Uff Teri Ada:
Hey Ya starts off really well, with vocals by Clinton Cerejo, in English, and then holds on to it till the end. Uff Teri Ada works wonders because of Shankar's and Alyssa Mendosa's vocals, it gets you in trance mood.

6. Toh Baat Pakki - Phir Se:
The only song that I liked from this film. The first version is by Sonu Niigaam, but the second one, by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, is much better.

7. 3OH3! - Starstrukk (feat Katy Perry):
The song isn't that great, but there is still something, that keeps me hooked on to it. Its probably the lyrics or the video. Just something, I still can't figure out well.

8. Edwar Maya - Stereo Love Extended (feat Alicia):
This song is definitely one addiction. I've heard it like a zillion times already. Some guys have actually started hating it, because it was played so many times. And they hold me responsible for making it popular among some other friends who are hooked onto it. The tune is just magical, especially the part when the saxophone kind of instrument comes into action.

9. Jay Z feat Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind:
I started liking this song, after seeing its video so many times on VH1. The tunes catchy, and Alicia Keys makes it special.

10. Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya(Tamil) - Omana Penne:
I can't believe I just liked one song from an A R Rahman album. But, seriously, the others didn't appeal that much to me. Benny Dayal sounds sweet here.

11. Kedi(Telugu) - Short and Sweet:
Sandeep Chowta himself gives vocals, and yeah the song is not so short, but definitely sweet.

12. Michael Buble - Whatever It Takes and Haven't Met You Yet:
Michael Buble chooses the right words to express the right feelings. And he's so good in executing them. Both of the songs are pretty good.
13. Karl Wolf - Carrera and Yalla habibi (feat Rime and Kaz Money):
Both are catchy hip-hop/ RnB numbers by the Canadian Lebanese artist. Yalla Habi has a video shot in Dubai.

14. Sona - Pass Aao:
This song is yet to release, but I loved it the first time I heard it on Close-up ad, and then later on when Sona performed it on MTV Desi Beats Rock On! I just love the vocals of Sona.

15. Rihanna - Russian Roulette:
This is not the same hip-hop Rihanna. Her vocals are deep and touching. The video is equally compelling.

16. Ronald Jenkees - Throwing Fire, Outer Space:
This guy is really talented, I have already posted an article on him.

17. Just Maat Maathalli(Kannada) - Baanina Haniyu, Ee Kannali:
Raghu Dixit is just awesome in this album. I've loved most of the tracks that he has made till now, including his album Antaragni and some other Kannada tracks. This is one addition to them. He sings both of them, and does good job.


No comments:

Post a Comment