Feb 12, 2010

MNIK/SRK Triumphs

After the heated dispute between Bal Thackerey and SRK, that too for no reason, finally MNIK releases today. Ok, now lets look at what actually happened. SRK just expressed his view that Pakistani players should be allowed to play IPL Season 3, which sounds pretty normal to me, as it happened in the season 1 too. I mean its not like we are asking the terrorists to come and play, its just cricket players after all, just like everyone from other nationalities and faiths. But I don't know what Mr. Thackerey interpret it to, that he demanded an apology from SRK, which clearly he is not interested in. So, all Shiv Sena supporters went on a rampage against SRK, MNIK, Karan and anything vaguely related with the film. But, amongst all these controversies, the film was released today. And, the film opened to full house everywhere in India. Well, not just in India, it got a spectacular response even in Berlin Festival. Everyone loved the film, and the way it was dealt with the subject. Personally, I haven't seen the film yet (which I plan to do this week Inshaallah), and nor am I such a big fan of SRK or KJo, but I'd want the film to do well, just to prove a point to the freaks over here in states like Maharashtra, Karnataka and alike, that India is a democratic place and everyone has freedom to express what they like. They can't just disrupt peace by their amateur thinking and actions. I was happy to hear that most of the multiplexes were screening MNIK in Mumbai, and to the surprise of Shiv Sena, they were running packed, with advance bookings also going full. Way to go, SRK. We all are with you. And just for the record, I want to close the post with this "My name is Mohammed, and I'm not a terrorist".

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely right & I agree with all the points you've covered in this post! By the way, I'll watch MNIK on Monday (I am not sure if it's right to add "inshahallah" in this context).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means if Allah wills, right? So, tell me - can there be any other possibility? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, that's the point, mate! How can you say that you're going to do this evil deed of watching this movie & add, "if Allah wills" when you know that it's the Satan, the plain enemy of man who's tempting you to commit this sin?! Astaghfirullah! I hope you got my point, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, lets not go haywire here! We're drifting away from the topic. Let's just go and watch the movie. Aite! And yeah, I got your point, on the first comment itself! But, since I had to come up with something, I replied. :)

    ReplyDelete